From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of charleytims
Sent: 05 May 2014 08:36
To: cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [cdt-dev] How to modify preferences file of org.eclipse.cdt.core?

Hi Ashish,

I'm not sure if this is what you're asking exactly, but in my plugin I dynamically configure the path in this way:

String templateFilePath =
namePlugin.getDefault().getAbsolutePath("path/to/file/from/project")

Then I use that String variable to find my file path. This is independent of where Eclipse is launched from, which was my problem before using this method.