[cdt-dev] Improved reliability of Index tests

Hello Everyone

I created a small patch ( https://git.eclipse.org/r/24080 ) that improves the reliability of index tests. When running the 65 IndexBugsTests 50 times (total 3250 test runs) from a test suite, I got 90 to 100 random test failures. After my adaptions, failures are reduced to 0-5 failures (sadly not to 0). Meaning a failure reduction of ~95%. When running all core tests, I never saw an index test fail (in 10+ runs). Those CDescriptorTests do still fail (I did not touch these). The adaptions do not have any impact on run-time (+/- 3%). And I was able to remove the very ugly part that called Thread.sleep() in a loop. The better result is achieved by having two additional calls to workspace.build(IncrementalProjectBuilder.FULL_BUILD) which basically is similar to a "clean..." call from the "Project" eclipse ui-menu.

I hope that some of you guys can try the patch and check if it does not have any negative effects somewhere (I only checked the cdt-core and codan tests).

Cheers
Lukas

PS: I will most likely not be active in CDT development in the near future since I'm leaving HSR and moving on to IBM.

Back to the top