Re: [cdt-dev] codan test does not fail if StackOverflowError is thrown

> Is the exception being "swallowed" at line 1062 of AbstractIndexerTask.parseFile:
>
> } catch (StackOverflowError e) {
> th= e;
>
> If so, then it will only be thrown back to your test case if it has happened more than 500 times.

Nope. Indexing does not cause the StackOverflowError, only running the
codan checker.

It seems the exception is being swallowed in CodanRunner.processresource(),
where we simply catch it and log it.

It seems strange to me that all we do is log it; shouldn't we record
somewhere that running that checker failed, and then have the test harness
check that and have the test case fail that happens?

Regards,
Nate

Back to the top