Re: [cdt-dev] CDT Internal builder and broken command line

I really regret having the internal builder built. 'make' is pretty much ubiquitous these days and doing an internal builder is really hard to do 100% correct.

Having said that :), I can't see how a race condition can cause this. You may be running into line length limitations on Windows if anything. If you're passing the proper string to the Spawner, you might need to look at the spawner code to see what it's doing with it.

Doug.

From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] on behalf of Mario Pierro [Mario.Pierro@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, March 27, 2014 7:57 AM
To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: [cdt-dev] CDT Internal builder and broken command line

Hello,

I am debugging an issue with our custom toolchain integration which concerns the Internal Builder in the latest Kepler CDT release when running on Windows 7.

Random build errors occasionally occur on different source files, failing because the command line used to invoke the compiler is either truncated, or parts of the command line are missing. This has been known to happen with Juno as well.

As far as I can see, our toolchain integration is supplying a valid tool command line to the builder – the fact that this happens randomly might hint to a race condition in the builder itself, or the spawner dll.

So far I haven’t been able to reproduce this locally, but it has been reported by customers as occasionally occurring on different machines, and somehow being “fixed” by re-importing the project in a new blank workspace.

Switching to the Makefile builder also fixes the issue.

Has anyone been experiencing similar issues with gcc?

Thanks,

/Mario Pierro

Back to the top