Re: [cdt-dev] C-like Language Support

The main example I've seen with this is with inline assembly language. I'm not sure we have any handling for that but it is used a fair amount in operating system code. Having a solution to handle those statements without spewing yellow underlines would be great for them too.

Doug.

From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] on behalf of Marc Khouzam [marc.khouzam@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2014 11:28 AM
To: 'cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx'
Cc: 'Alan Riedel'
Subject: Re: [cdt-dev] C-like Language Support

Hi George,

I definitely remember interest in what you were doing from other people at the presentation.

One of the ideas was to add extension-points to CDT so that particular statements that are not

handled properly could be dealt with based on the extension code.  This is not my area of expertise

but I hope others can join in.

Also, I believe the discussion on Synchronized Projects from PTP could be interesting to you:

http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/cdt-dev/msg27302.html

It would help address the fact that you build on a different machine than where you code.

PayPal had a similar issue and so does the Yocto project.

I hope we can work together to improve CDT.

Marc