Re: [cdt-dev] Cparser not detecting a typedef

Am 03.02.2014 21:50, schrieb Nathan Ridge:
On Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 1:23 AM, Sergey Prigogin
<eclipse.sprigogin@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:eclipse.sprigogin@xxxxxxxxx>>
wrote:
It is unfortunate that a problem with a macro may have a cascade
effect, but this is the nature of the language.
I wonder if it might be worth hard-coding some common macros
like __cdecl and DllExport that 1) are often not found due to
configuration problems and 2) mess up the parsing of functions
badly when not defined.
I doubt, that is the right solution.
These __cdecl and DllExport stuff is .. well, compiler/platform specific, and not part of Standard C. What works in one implementation, can fail on others and get there strange results.

The other questions would be, why it:

a) did not warn about not finding a suitable DllExport definition (wrong configuration of include paths etc.)
    Was there a warning, that DllExport could not be resolved?
I have also seen usages of DLLEXPORT and DLLIMPORT, so which ones you want to add all to that?

b) The declaration was not even finished in that line.
DllExport size_t <-- no semicolon and no assignment, so why is this size_t recognized as a variable?

Regards,
Nate