Re: [cdt-dev] Source Insight-like preview window/panel

OK, now I see the difference. You want an additional view that is always visible without the need to you use the mouse cursor. I like the idea.

  Axel

Thanks for responding.

The main difference between those feature is the fact that the preview window updates automatically, whenever the cursor moved to a different AST element - the preview window is updated. Like the project window on left is updated to show the currently edited file (if the relevant option is selected).

In order to see the hover preview you need to press F3 or to point the cursor in there.

It's not a huge difference, but some people could like one style more than the other. It'll also make the life of Source-Insight users easier.