[cdt-dev] [Builtin Specs Detector] - Change variable access modifier.

Hi folks,

I've been working on adding support for new toolchains which differs from default GCC because the path where it is installed. There is change that I would like to ask if it is possible to be implemented. In the class GCCBuiltinSpecsDetector, there is a private static final String GCC_TOOLCHAIN_ID variable which contains the ID of the toolchain, set in the org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core.buildDefinitions. As I'm  defining my own toolchain and I want to extend this class, I would like to know if is possible to change the access modifier from private to protected, so I can change the variable value properly.

Back to the top