Re: [cdt-dev] Plugin Version Numbers in CDT 8.3

Doug Schaefer wrote:
> I¹m not sure I¹d be brave enough to mix plug-in versions like you¹re
> doing. We¹ve always treated CDT as a single version. The plug-ins were
> partitioned like they are to allow optionality, certainly not mixing and
> matching versions.

We weren't deliberately doing that, it just happened by accident due to carelessness on our part. Now that I think about it, it probably exploded this time because we patched a feature from CDT 8.2.1 with a plugin derived from master (~8.3) sources. In the past we usually patched features from CDT X with plugins derived from the X branch, and that has always happened to work. I guess we need to be more careful about doing such things and when in doubt depend on the full custom-built CDT rather than patching individual plugins and relying on plugin dependencies to pull in as much as needed of it.

Anyway, good to know, and we can certainly live with that.

 -Christian

Back to the top