[cdt-dev] Issue with register view for a multicore heterogeneous system

Hello,

We have a custom debugger that implements the MI protocol in order to communicate with Eclipse. We have a heterogeneous system with processors with different architectures.

We encountered problems when displaying registers in Register View. We should display different registers for the two different types of processors. In Eclipse debug view the processors are represented as threads. The desired scenario is to display the corresponding registers for the thread/processor that is selected.

The registers are obtained as a response to the MI command “-data-list-register-names”, but this command is called only once in a debug session.

How should we resolve this problem?

We tries using the switch “--thread-group”, as we tried to have two thread-groups, one for each of the two architectures. Which is the correct approach for solving this issue?

Thank you

Back to the top