Re: [cdt-dev] How do I programmatically change the Eclipse CDT tool settings for a file?

I’m not sure anyone here these days knows the answer. What I would do is stick breakpoints in places and see how the UI does it.

Doug.

From: Daryl Spitzer <daryl.spitzer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Friday, December 6, 2013 at 1:08 AM
To: "cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx" <cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [cdt-dev] How do I programmatically change the Eclipse CDT tool settings for a file?

I haven't received any answers on this mailing list or to my Stack Overflow question, but I've continued working on it and have made some progress.

To refresh your memory, I want to programmatically (from a plugin) change the "Other flags" field in the Miscellaneous settings in the Tool settings tab for an individual file in a CDT managed build project.

I can cause the settings to appear in the .cproject file, but there are differences between the XML created as a result of my programmatic changes and the XML created when making the changes manually, that I believe is resulting in the programmatic changes not showing up in the "Other flags" field in the file's Properties dialog.

See my updated code and XML in http://stackoverflow.com/questions/20061538/ for details.

--
Daryl

I want to programmatically (from a plugin) change the "Other flags" field in the Miscellaneous settings in the Tool settings tab for an individual file in a CDT managed build project.

I can read the default settings and change them, but it appears I'm only temporarily changing the default settings. I don't see how to change the actual settings, and have them saved.

--
Daryl Spitzer

Back to the top