From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Guy.Bonneau@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, October 03, 2013 12:48 PM
To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: Re: [cdt-dev] Help with Indexer Bug

The project doesn't have enough files so we can measure speed impact.  But I asked the developer to let me know of any issues. I will keep you posted with any useful info or observation.

Guy

Is there any noticeable impact on speed?

Also, does it add any incorrect values?  I'm not sure if the parsing context when this option is enabled will be the same as what the compiler will see.  In particular I don't know what happens if you are editing a header then I don't know the parsing that is triggered by this option would know about symbols that were defined earlier in the compilation unit.

-Andrew

On 13-10-03 11:57 AM, Guy.Bonneau@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I just tried with a  complex CDT project of a co-developer that had
> many unresolved symbol...And yes symbols are now resolved. That helped a lot.
> Thanks for the suggestion.
>
> Guy
>

> From:		 Andrew Eidsness <eclipse@xxxxxxxxxx>
> To:		 cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx,
> Date:		 2013-10-03 10:54
> Subject:		 Re: [cdt-dev] Help with Indexer Bug
> Sent by:		 cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
>

> Out of curiosity, do you run with 'Window - Preferences - C/C++' then
> "Follow unindexed header files when producing the outline view"
> enabled or disabled?
>
> This is a preference that I recently found (when trying to "modify the
> indexer code like Joseph did").  It seems that enabling this causes
> more header files to be indexed.  Normally (i.e., other than during
> parsing) when a header is not found in the index, the fallback
> handling is to lookup the actual source
> reparse it.  The value of this preference seems to decide whether that
> "lookup the source" step returns the real source or an empty string.
> The default setting is off (I guess to be faster), but I think I'm
> getting less unresolved errors with it enabled.
>
> This is just my observation of behaviour, I haven't actually studied
> the difference; which is why I'm curious about your setting.
>
> -Andrew

DISCLAIMER:
Privileged and/or Confidential information may be contained in this message. If you are not the addressee of this message, you may not copy, use or deliver this message to anyone. In such event, you should destroy the message and kindly notify the sender by reply e-mail. It is understood that opinions or conclusions that do not relate to the official business of the company are neither given nor endorsed by the company.
Thank You.