Re: [cdt-dev] false codan error

It sounds like a bug, but we need a testcase that reproduces it to fix it. The code snippet you posted doesn't reproduce the error as-is.

Regards,
Nate

From: scalpel4k@xxxxxxxxx
To: cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2013 15:18:20 +0200
Subject: [cdt-dev] false codan error

Hi guys,

I've come across some error in the codan checker, but I don't know how to describe the problem properly in a bug report.

I have the following code excerpt that compiles/runs fine when I use it from my code (I know this example can't work, I simply tried to focus on the problem).

template<typename _Handler_>

struct TestWrapper:

public _Handler_ {

using H = _Handler_;

typename _Handler_::Buffer _buf; // no error

static void testHandler() {

typename H::Buffer buf1(); // no error

typename H::Buffer buf2; // error: No such constructor for type '#0::Buffer'

}

};

The error is shown even if there's nothing refering to this declaration, so even when there are no specializations/uses anywhere in the code. I think the parser should not be able to tell me anything about Buffer in the first place. And then I don't know where that error itself comes from; in the real code there is an appropriate ctor.

Does anybody have an idea what is happening here?

bye Michi