From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of pvuser pvuser
Sent: Wednesday, September 18, 2013 10:50 AM
To: cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [cdt-dev] Memory view problem with custom debugger using Kepler

Hi all,

We have a custom debugger that implements the MI protocol and use Eclipse to debug C projects, replacing gdb with our custom debugger.  We use Kepler.

We encountered some issues when using Memory view:

-we can use only the “Traditional” and “Floating Point” rendering, for the rest , including “Hex” rendering it says “Unable to load memory from the specified address …”. Analyzing the “gdb trace” we see that the MI cmd “-data-read-memory” is not send.

- when selecting “Traditional” rendering, we can’t change/edit the contents of a memory location. Analyzing the “gdb trace” we see that the MI cmd “-data-write-memory” is not send.

These problems appear in Window and Linux too. With Juno version we didn’t had this problems.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thank you.

Back to the top