Re: [cdt-dev] LLVM Project Blog: A path forward for an LLVM toolchain on Windows

> But that brings up the point I fear. Right now we skip headers when
> indexing. The speedup we got from that was immense. Unless you set up
> precompiled headers, I don't think we could get that speedup out of Clang.
> But I may be wrong.

I share this fear. In fact - and I would love to be proven wrong about
this - I think that not having support for incrementally re-parsing a
translation unit (the way CDT incrementally re-parses a translation
unit by only re-parsing the file, be that the source file or a header
file, that changed) is a significant weakness of clang insofar as it
aims to be a tool that is meant to be integrated into IDE's.

Regards,
Nate

Back to the top