Re: [cdt-dev] Settings parser on multiple projects

Hi Andrew,

Thanks, yes, that makes sense.

I have now imported the whole AOSP source tree as a single project and CDT does an excellent job at getting compilation settings from the build output J.

The only downside is that with this setup EGit does not recognise the files as being under version control (and the project is really massive: just refreshing the resource tree takes a long time on a really fast machine…).

So I’ll stick with this setup and in background I’ll try to get the one with multiple projects working.

I’m now thinking to write a specific  SettingsProvider (based on the GCC output parser) that feeds the same settings to each project that uses it.

This way when a build is triggered its output is parsed and each project would take the bits related to its own files.

Do you think this is a sensible approach?

Cheers

Fabrizio