From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Stefan.Falk@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, August 23, 2013 11:33 AM
To: cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [cdt-dev] Integrate custom debugger to visualize debug-session

Hello again, Paul!

First of all thanks for your patience and time that you spend in answering me!

Just to make sure that you got a picture of how the constellation of things look like on my side I looked into my chest for unnecessary skills and found my old for PowerPoint. So I made a little graphic just to visualize the whole thing (see attachment).

So if I got this right then:

The TCF also implements the standard debug model http://www.eclipse.org/articles/Article-Debugger/images/debug_model.gif from Eclipse and therefore you would suggest me to use this as starting point for this project.

But as far as I understand the TCF it allows communication to embedded devices using TCP or a protocol below. The point is that this is already done with the server and the Java .NET bridge we are using.

The point where I have to send messages to my device is already done. There really is no need for any communication with the devices that's being debugged and no further data has to be exchanged. And since the debugging process is already integrated using the standard debug model I don't really see the point why the TCF would be a good decision.

Also if I'd go with EDC the whole TCF part would be unnecessary at my current point of view. Any low level service would be obsolete since any low level communication is already handled by the C# .NET server.

Almost everything is already handled or done somewhere else. The only Job that I did not manage so far is connecting all this with the Eclipse UI for an awesome debug-session experience. :D

Best regards;
Stefan