Re: [cdt-dev] How can I debug the index?

> Other code in the same file (javadoc right above the parameter definition) says that it can be null. For now we've
> assumed that the javadoc comment is the right one and have masked the error with a null check at the point of this
> exception.

I think the idea is that exactly one of fBinding and fParameterOwner should be null,
and the other non-null. In such a case, it's reasonable to assume that fParameterOwner
is not null in a block where fBinding is known to be null.

What seems to be happening in our cases is that both fBinding and fParameterOwner
are null, which can happen if an EvalBinding is constructed with a null binding,
which in theory shouldn't happen, but clearly does, probably due to bugs elsewhere...

Regards,
Nate

Back to the top