[cdt-dev] How to make cdt builder support accessing remote file system

Hi,

We have project that extend cdt autotool based project but these project should reside on remote host. We’ve modified the code to some extend that allows us to create the remote project by changing some of IPath usage to be LocationURI based.  Now I’m trying to build these projects remotely. When I trace down the current CDT build call stack, I found that the underneath core CDT build implementations, e.g. CommonBuilder, BuildRunHelper and ManagedBuidManager are tightly coupled with the usage of IPath.  For us to switch to use URI based location, we either have to change the CDT code, that’ll be quite dramatic and being no expert of CDT that makes me feel uncomfortable.  The other way that I can think of is fork the CDT implementation and only make needed changes to support our usage model, and route the call via the customized builder registration/extension.  But both of the approaches have their own issues.  So can some CDT experts out there provide me some other leads/thoughts?

Thanks,

Jessica