From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Vladimir Prus
Sent: Tuesday, August 20, 2013 4:56 AM
To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: [cdt-dev] Using third party icons, and FontAwesome in particular

I am presently working on an improved UI for launch configurations, based on what I demoed at EclipseCon, and one issue is finding the icons that match the style. One attractive option is to use icon fonts - fonts that don't have characters but rather icons, so one can use, say "\uf115" as button text and get a nice pencil icon. And you can use such icon as part of button, or label, or custom widget - anything that can draw text.

The particular font is called FontAwesome: http://fortawesome.github.io/Font-Awesome/ - it has a very liberal license. Can somebody comment whether it will be possible to include it in CDT (provided my debugger UI updates are completed and accepted)? That will be a single ttf file.

Vladimir Prus
CodeSourcery / Mentor Graphics
http://www.mentor.com/embedded-software/