From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Marc Khouzam
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2013 4:40 PM
To: 'CDT General developers list.'
Subject: Re: [cdt-dev] Integrate custom debugger to visualize debug-session

Hi Stefan,

I'm afraid I can be of much help as my experience has always been
DSF, so I cannot compare with the standard debug model.

Maybe someone else who has extended CDT debug can share
their experience with respect to the following questions:

> - What would be the easiest and most reusing way to visualize
> my debugging session in Eclipse which would include at least
> "highlight current instruction", "display register contents"
> and (maybe) visualize the stack trace. Is there a way to
> reuse parts of the CDT Plug-in?

Usually, people extend the existing code.  If you use GDB,
the extension can prove small, but if you are not, it will
be more work.

> - Should I stay to the standard debug model which is used in
> the article [1] or should I take a closer look on the CDT-DSF model?
>
> - Can anyone recommend me a good code example which I could download?

The DSF-GDB integration is the best example you'll find or
the CDI-GDB one for the standard debug model.
There is the EDC debugger that uses DSF and I believe there
is a smaller example called PDA which uses DSF which you
can find in
	org.eclipse.cdt.examples.dsf.pda
	org.eclipse.cdt.examples.dsf.pda.ui

I hope this helps.