[cdt-dev] Generating a CDT project

I'm looking at generating a valid Eclipse CDT project as a target of the build system for our project. Either directly or indirectly by generating an import settings file is fine. At a minimum I'd like to pass all the required flags for code assistance to work per file.

Currently we have a lengthy manual setup[1] which is tedious, incomplete and inefficient to generate manually and falls out of date quickly.

The best example I've found is GYP generating a c++ settings file[2] that can be imported but it only allows project wide flags. Our build system has too many local flags, including some mutually exclusive defines, for this to be effective.

I've looked at the workspace of a project generated using the steps in [1] but the information is split between many files and it doesn't look friendly to generate manually or very well documented.

Ideally I'm looking for something like the MSBuild definition used by Visual Studio which can be used to specify build flags for each c++ file.

[1] https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Eclipse_CDT#Getting_code_assistance_working
[2] http://code.google.com/p/gyp/source/browse/trunk/pylib/gyp/generator/eclipse.py?r=1364

Back to the top