Re: [cdt-dev] Building Workspace runs in a loop

Hi Michi,
Could you create a bug in bugzilla and paste the stack trace there?

Thanks,
Andrew

On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 7:07 AM, scalpel4k <scalpel4k@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi again,

I managed to investigate the problem a bit further, and it turned out that the problem really is a continuous rebuild of the workspace due to a file change event. The following is a stack trace that is triggering the rebuild. The problem only exists in cdt-nightly, the kepler release works fine.

The IResourceChangeEvent comes from a certain header file. Meanwhile I'm pretty sure that not my code per se is the problem, since I can trigger the phenomenum with the CUTE headers (@Thomas, that's why I added you) as well.

Does anyone have an idea where I should poke next? With all these asynchronous calls I'm a bit lost :-(

bye Michi

Thread [Worker-17] (Suspended (breakpoint at line 282 in WorkManager))

WorkManager.setBuild(boolean) line: 282

Workspace.endOperation(ISchedulingRule, boolean, IProgressMonitor) line: 1508

File.setContents(InputStream, int, IProgressMonitor) line: 365

XmlUtil.serializeXml(Document, IFile) line: 366

LanguageSettingsProvidersSerializer.serializeLanguageSettings(ICProjectDescription) line: 876

XmlProjectDescriptionStorage$DesSerializationRunnable.run(IProgressMonitor) line: 174

CProjectDescriptionManager$CompositeWorkspaceRunnable.run(IProgressMonitor) line: 200

CProjectDescriptionManager$CompositeWorkspaceRunnable.run(IProgressMonitor) line: 200

CProjectDescriptionManager$5.run(IProgressMonitor) line: 522

Workspace.run(IWorkspaceRunnable, ISchedulingRule, int, IProgressMonitor) line: 2345

CProjectDescriptionManager.runAtomic(IWorkspaceRunnable, ISchedulingRule, IProgressMonitor) line: 518

CProjectDescriptionManager.runWspModification(IWorkspaceRunnable, ISchedulingRule, IProgressMonitor) line: 483

SetCProjectDescriptionOperation.executeOperation() line: 154

SetCProjectDescriptionOperation(CModelOperation).execute() line: 341

SetCProjectDescriptionOperation(CModelOperation).run(IProgressMonitor) line: 607

Workspace.run(IWorkspaceRunnable, ISchedulingRule, int, IProgressMonitor) line: 2345

SetCProjectDescriptionOperation(CModelOperation).runOperation(IProgressMonitor) line: 638

XmlProjectDescriptionStorage(AbstractCProjectDescriptionStorage).setProjectDescription(ICProjectDescription, int, IProgressMonitor) line: 203

CProjectDescriptionStorageManager.setProjectDescription(IProject, ICProjectDescription, int, IProgressMonitor) line: 149

CProjectDescriptionManager.setProjectDescription(IProject, ICProjectDescription, int, IProgressMonitor) line: 873

BuildSettingsUtil.checkApplyDescription(IProject, ICProjectDescription, boolean) line: 211

BuildSettingsUtil.checkApplyDescription(IProject, ICProjectDescription) line: 198

ManagedBuildManager.updateBuildInfo(IProject, boolean) line: 1404

ManagedBuildManager.saveBuildInfo(IProject, boolean) line: 1363

LlvmToolOptionPathUtil.addPathToToolOption(String, int) line: 149

LlvmToolOptionPathUtil.addLlvmLib(String) line: 84

LlvmToolOptionPathUtil.addAllLibsToBuildConf() line: 913

LlvmResourceListener.resourceChanged(IResourceChangeEvent) line: 67

NotificationManager$1.run() line: 291

SafeRunner.run(ISafeRunnable) line: 42

NotificationManager.notify(ResourceChangeListenerList$ListenerEntry[], IResourceChangeEvent, boolean) line: 285

NotificationManager.broadcastChanges(ElementTree, ResourceChangeEvent, boolean) line: 149

Workspace.broadcastBuildEvent(Object, int, int) line: 382

AutoBuildJob.doBuild(IProgressMonitor) line: 139

AutoBuildJob.run(IProgressMonitor) line: 241

Worker.run() line: 53