Re: [cdt-dev] natureFilter of C++ and C toolchain of Visual Studio

Here's the natureFilter documentation

"Filters the display (and use) of the tool by the nature of the project. Selecting a value of 'cnature' insures that the
 tool will be displayed IFF there is a cnature associated with the project. A ccnature will filter this tool out. If
 'ccnature' is selected, the tool will only be available for C++ projects. If 'both' is selected, the tool will be
 displayed when either nature is present. This attribute is required if it is not inherited from its superClass. The
 default value is "both"."

If I'm reading this correctly, you specify the nature where you want the toolchain to be available. So, since the C++ tool should only be in C++ projects, it should be set to ccnature and the C tool needs to be in both C and C++ projects, then it should be set to both. This is also in line with how the GCC toolchain is set up in org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.gnu.ui\plugin.xml.

Marc-Andre