From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Marc Khouzam
Sent: Tuesday, July 02, 2013 7:11 AM
To: 'CDT General developers list.'
Subject: Re: [cdt-dev] Custom Debugger in CDT using DSF

Hi Joseph.

Truth is, the GDB integration using DSF was originally meant to be such an example.

Although it has grown much beyond the example stage, I have trouble imagining

a more "solid example", as you put it :)

This wiki page can help you get started: http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/cdt-debug-dsf-gdb-extensibility

Also, in your case, since you are not extending GDB, you can look at GDBBackend.GDBProcessStep

which actually lauches GDB; you can launch your debugger instead as a start.

Communication with GDB is done in AbstractMIControl.  Each other DSF-GDB service provides

information about an aspect of the debug session by communicating with GDB.

We do not provide new extension points in DSF.  However, to launch your own classes, you may

want to either define a new launch configuration using

extension point="org.eclipse.debug.core.launchConfigurationTypes"

or you can re-use the CDT launch configurations (C/C++ Application, etc) by assigning it a new delegate

using extension point="org.eclipse.debug.core.launchDelegates".  You can decide to set your

delegate as the default one (ask this list again when you get there), or your users can choose it

manually like this:

I hope this helps.

Marc