[cdt-dev] Adding a profile tool to a standard CDT toolchain

I am adding a custom toolchain to Eclipse to compile C++ code for a specialized processor. I started from the Visual Studio toolchain as a template. I was able to successfully create the toolchain and I am able to compile and link. So far so good. Now I need to add a profile tool to the Compiler and Link tool. When the compiler is invoked 2 outputs file with different extension are created. One with the standard .obj extension and another one with the .prf extension The profile tool must create a profile database from files with the .prf created by the compiler tool.

I was able to add the profile tool to the toolchain. The profile tool has an InputType with sources defined with extension .prf. I have also added the extension .prf to the outputs produced by the compiler in the outputType outputs attributes (obj,pfr).

When I start the build process the compiler and linker tools as successfully invoked but the profile tool is not invoked. Yet if I add a prf file in the src folder of the project the profile tool is invoked. However this is not what I want. I’d like to have the profile tool automatically invoked after the compiler is invoked and profile files created and before the linker invocation.

What is missing to have this automatic invocation ?

Thx

Guy

DISCLAIMER: Privileged and/or Confidential information may be contained in this message. If you are not the addressee of this message, you may not copy, use or deliver this message to anyone. In such event, you should destroy the message and kindly notify the sender by reply e-mail. It is understood that opinions or conclusions that do not relate to the official business of the company are neither given nor endorsed by the company. Thank You.

Back to the top