Re: [cdt-dev] Group Enable / Disable actions in Registers view

On 19/06/2013 10:08 AM, Alvaro Sanchez wrote:
Hello Mikhail,

I am finishing the first draft for the support of register groups for DSF-GDB and I am wondering if you would know the history behind the Enable / Disable actions for the Registers group level implemented in CDI.

   I can see that once a group in marked disabled, no updates are reflected on these registers,
so it would seem they are related to performance ? so it minimizes MI actions toward GDB ?

Since GDB handles a cache of register values within the service this may not be a big concern for the implementation in DSF-GDB,

Your comments will be very appreciated

/Alvaro

Hi Alvaro,

There are cases when reading a value of a specific register or variable can be intrusive for some hardware. There was a request to provide users with the better control on updates of an individual register or variable as well as an entire register group.
DSF addresses this issue by providing different update for the entire view.

Mikhail

Back to the top