From: Greg Watson <g.watson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tuesday, 18 June, 2013 4:23 PM
To: "CDT General developers list." <cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [cdt-dev] Two debug toolbars

On Jun 17, 2013, at 12:57 PM, Sergey Prigogin <eclipse.sprigogin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 7:04 AM, Greg Watson <g.watson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
If only 1% of those committers devoted some time to working on the platform, maybe some of these bugs would get fixed.

I would accept this argument if the issues we are discussing were not regressions. People who decided that e4 was the best way to invest limited platform development resources have to take full responsibility for the consequences of that decision.

I suspect the issue is that the e4 work was primarily driven by the RCP community, for which it presumably works well. It's the compatibility layer that is having the majority of problems, and there doesn't seem to be any interest or motivation in fixing them. It seems like this is something the IDE community is going to have to do themselves…

Greg

Back to the top