[cdt-dev] Idea, .l and .y files (Flex & Bison) syntax highlighting

Hey guys,

I use Flex & Bison a lot (I'll say FAB from now on because it feels weird to say Flex And Bison, but the two go hand in hand!). After a while, and for anything but the most trivial of parsers, there's quite a lot of C(++ - mainly C though) code in the .l and .y files, they both have a very similar structure, by that I mean they differ from a normal 'code' file in pretty much the same way.

Could we add support? I don't know enough yet to do it myself, I am however (I like to think certainly) 'good with parsers' and would be happy to help/test.

I would quite like syntax highlighting, even if just of the C parts (but actual Bison/Flex declarations are pretty trivial... so it shouldn't be too hard....) because it would look so much nicer, I tried adding it as a recognized file type for the highlighting but it became a collage of red squiggles and errors.

There'll be another email following this one, they're separate only because they are of separate subject, it'll be about some colour problems I've been having.

Alec

Back to the top