Re: [cdt-dev] Can someone points to me where the source code of "content assist" functionality?

Content Assist already has a timeout. On my systems, Linux, Windows 7,
and Windows XP I get a dialog from Content Assist that it has taken too
long to access the data if it takes more than a minute. I would suggest
looking at your Eclipse error logs to see if anything more interesting
is occurring on your system.

I should also mention that I have workspaces with way over 1 MLOC, and
projects with over 500 KLOC. I am not sure about your definition of
large so I though I would give you some scale about what I am using.

Austin

On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 06:16:13PM -0700, Wei Li wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am facing a very annoying bug of "content assist". When the project is
> huge, using "content assist" has to be very careful. If I hit "ctrl-space"
> to call out the "content assist" accidentally on blank space, it reads my
> hard disk like crazy and freezes eclipse completely. I assume it is reading
> the indexer data. My project is quite big, this usually freezes eclipse for
> at leastt 20+ mins.
>
> So I am thinking to make a change to the "content assist" make it
> interruptable.
> Can someone point to me where should I start?
>
> Thanks,
> Wei

Back to the top