[cdt-dev] CDT Development

Hi,
I'm trying to change some code in CDT for the needs of our project (and maybe for other developers' projects) and I've followed:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Getting_started_with_CDT_development

I have a couple of questions:

1) I'm at the part "Clone the Repo", which I have done (branch cdt_8_0) and taking heed of the comment: "Select all the projects or individual. Project filter does not seems to work. It maybe easier select all, then close projects you don't need", I've imported everything. But, when the workspace builds there are errors. Should I remove the projects with errors?

Those with errors are:
org.eclipse.cdt.codan.internal.ui.cxx
org.eclipse.cdt.core.lrparser
org.eclipse.cdt.core.lrparser.xlc
org.eclipse.cdt.core.parser.upc
org.eclipse.cdt.launch.remote
org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core
org.eclipse.cdt.tests

2) As suggested by Marc, (in another post) I am working with an Eclipse SDK with no CDT installed, so presumably I need all CDT projects for it to function. Is that right?

As I've taken a long time to get to this point, I don't want to start experimenting and then have to start all over again, so I'm hoping someone could help me out.

I would be happy to contribute my humble offerings if I could understand how this works.

Thanks,

Antony

PS. I am using Eclipse Indigo 3.7.2 Classic (could not find this in Eclipse site, so downloaded it from FileHippo) and CDT 8.0.2

Back to the top