Re: [cdt-dev] iplog policy

No, please commit the ones we need for the release.

It's really just a snapshot. It's a little weird since we aren't required to produce it at SR time and we have a lot of third party contributions to that. Unless I'm wrong in which case I'm sure Mike will be back :).

From: Marc-André Laperle <marc-andre.laperle@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tuesday, 28 May, 2013 10:27 AM
To: "CDT General developers list." <cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [cdt-dev] iplog policy

Hi Doug,

Since the IP log has been submitted, does that mean contributions from non-committers can't be merged until after Kepler is released?

Thank you,

Marc-André

On 05/24/2013 04:39 PM, Doug Schaefer wrote:
Hey gang, the IP log for Kepler/CDT 8.2 has now been submitted. It's always a nice trip down memory lane doing that remembering all the people who've contributed to the CDT over the years.

Also kudo's to Elena for the git genie which I used extensively to ensure authors were recorded correctly in git.

I just wanted to clarify the new iplog policy since I don't think I've said it before, even though I saw a lot of committers doing things correctly, especially lately.

So it really comes down to this. It is no longer necessary to mark iplog+ on anything in Bugzilla. All the necessary information is captured in git in the author field. Of course, committers, please make sure the author field is set correctly, especially if you are committing a patch for someone else. Also, please make sure you put the bug number in the first line of the comment field so that the IP log can point back to the bug. The bug is still the place to record the answer to the three questions:

  1. Did you author 100% of the content you’re contributing?
  2. Do you have the rights to contribute this content to Eclipse?
  3. Are you willing to contribute the content under the EPL?
At least until the CLA process gets approved and put in place.

Hope that helps, and thanks for all your hard work and contributions to the CDT!

Thanks!
Doug.