Re: [cdt-dev] Refactorings you are missing

These are things that work in java and I really miss in CDT.
So I support this list.

On 10-May-13 21:12, Nathan Ridge wrote:
As a full-time Eclipse CDT user, I have many suggestions on this front.

In addition to the refactorings that were already mentioned, I think
it would be nice to see the following:

  - "Create method" as a quick fix when a method is unresolved
  - "Create function" as a quick fix when a function is unresolved
  - "Create class/struct" as a quick fix when a type is unresolved
  - "Inline variable" as the complement of "extract variable"
  - "Extract method" and "inline method" (analogous to "extract variable" and "inline variable")
  - Replace "auto" with the type it stands for
  - Replace a conventional for loop with a range-based for loop (need to detect where this is possible)

Also, here's a user interface improvement to the rename refactoring
that recent versions of ReSharper do for C#: rather than forcing
the user to invoke a rename refactoring, they detect when the user
changed an identifier via regular typing, and suggest to perform
the corresponding rename refactoring. I think it would be awesome
if CDT could do this.

Regards,
Nate