[cdt-dev] Add Include working without a selection?

I'm confused about whether Add Include will work without anything selected. It appears to do so (details below), but my reading of the code suggests that it shouldn't. So I'm confused.

Here's the code that makes me think it shouldn't do anything if there is no selection:

if (selection.isEmpty() || !(selection instanceof ITextSelection)) {

    return;

}

from http://git.eclipse.org/c/cdt/org.eclipse.cdt.git/tree/core/org.eclipse.cdt.ui/src/org/eclipse/cdt/internal/ui/editor/AddIncludeOnSelectionAction.java#n166

And here's how I seem to be able to make it do things:

I have a class implementation file: someClass.cpp, containing an implementation of a single method, and without any #includes. If I run "Add Include" without anything selected, it adds an include for the header file where the class is declared, #include "someClass.h".

What's going on here?

(Asked on the forum, with no response, here: http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/m/1012152 )

Back to the top