Re: [cdt-dev] Custom project templates using "new style project types"

On 2013-02-25 15:47, Jesper Eskilson wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to create a custom project template to show up in the "New C
Project" wizard. I'm using so-called "new style project types", i.e. the
name of the projecttype is empty. I have created a custom
"buildArtefactType" called "Executable (IAR)", so that I can have all my
templates in a separate folder. This works fine, but I cannot seem to
work out how to add anything other than an "Empty Project"-template.

I've contributed a template to the org.eclipse.cdt.core.templates
extension point, like this:

       <template
             id="com.iar.cdt.renesas.templates.mainCTemplate"
             projectType="iar.rl78.toolchain.project.exe"
             filterPattern="iar.*"
             location="templates/main.xml">
       </template>

I found the problem myself. It turns out that the "projectType" attribute really isn't the projectType id, but rather the id of buildArtefactType of the project with which the template should be associated. Changing to my artefact type "com.iar.cdt.buildArtefactType.exe" made the whole thing work nicely.

--
Jesper Eskilson Development Engineer
IAR Systems AB

Back to the top