[cdt-dev] PTP synchronized projects and GNU auto tools

(cross-posting on ptp-user mailing list)

Hi,

it appears that GNU autotools and PTP synchronized projects are not fully

integrated. In particular, the current setup only allows autotools to be run

on the local system.

I recently gave a class on PTP synchronized projects, and it appears that the

following work around is pointing towards the right direction.

For the work around, I changed the entry for

project manager->properties->C/C++ Builder->Build command

from make to <abs_path_of_project_location>/my_make,

where my_make is the following.

---------8<----------8<------

#!/bin/bash

if [ "$1" = "clean" ]; then

        make clean

elif [ -n "$DO_CONFIGURE" ]; then

        ./configure $CONF_PARMS && make $*

else

        make $*

fi

---------8<----------8<------

This way, configure would be called on the same host as make would be called,

and - also important - configure would be called after environment variables

and modules are set.

Are there any plans to adapt GNU auto tools for use with PTP synchronized

projects ? If so, what time frame can we expect ? Also, will it provide what

the above (clumsy) work around hints at ?

Thanks !

--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Dr. Christoph Pospiech

High Performance & Parallel Computing

Phone: +49-351 86269826

Mobile: +49-171-765 5871

E-Mail: christoph.pospiech@xxxxxxxxxx

IBM Deutschland GmbH / Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Martin Jetter

Geschäftsführung: Martina Koederitz (Vorsitzende), Reinhard Reschke, Dieter Scholz, Gregor Pillen, Joachim Heel, Christian Noll

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Ehningen / Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB 14562 / WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE 99369940

Back to the top