Re: [cdt-dev] Communication through GDB Console

On 01.02.2013 17:43, Dave Korn wrote:
On 01/02/2013 05:56, Malu Sasi wrote:

If I set the command “d br” (delete breakpoints) from gdb console view,
GDB will ask for confirmation whether to delete all breakpoints or not.
But before we could handle this, eclipse itself handle this value “Y”.
Please see trace below:

134,959 56-interpreter-exec console "d br"
134,966 ~"Delete all breakpoints? (y or n) [answered Y; input not from
terminal]\n"
134,967 =breakpoint-deleted,id="3"
134,967 =breakpoint-deleted,id="4"
134,967 =breakpoint-deleted,id="5"
134,967 56^done
134,967 (gdb)

I would like to know if this confirmation can be handled by us rather
than allowing eclipse to reply.

   It's not actually Eclipse that does that, it's the behaviour of GDB when
it's not being run in an interactive terminal.  You'd have to build a custom
version of GDB from sources to change it - look at the routine
defaulted_query() in gdb/utils.c if you want to give that a try.

And then, MI does not provide any mechanisms to implement queries like
that either, so it would have to be modified as well.

--
Vladimir Prus
CodeSourcery / Mentor Graphics

Back to the top