Re: [cdt-dev] Communication through GDB Console

On 01/02/2013 05:56, Malu Sasi wrote:

> If I set the command “d br” (delete breakpoints) from gdb console view,
> GDB will ask for confirmation whether to delete all breakpoints or not.
> But before we could handle this, eclipse itself handle this value “Y”.
> Please see trace below:

> 134,959 56-interpreter-exec console "d br"
> 134,966 ~"Delete all breakpoints? (y or n) [answered Y; input not from
> terminal]\n"
> 134,967 =breakpoint-deleted,id="3"
> 134,967 =breakpoint-deleted,id="4"
> 134,967 =breakpoint-deleted,id="5"
> 134,967 56^done
> 134,967 (gdb)

> I would like to know if this confirmation can be handled by us rather
> than allowing eclipse to reply.

  It's not actually Eclipse that does that, it's the behaviour of GDB when
it's not being run in an interactive terminal.  You'd have to build a custom
version of GDB from sources to change it - look at the routine
defaulted_query() in gdb/utils.c if you want to give that a try.

    cheers,
      DaveK

Back to the top