From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Marc Khouzam
Sent: mercredi 30 janvier 2013 19:12
To: 'CDT General developers list.'
Subject: Re: [cdt-dev] DSF - How force children fetch in MIVariableObject ?

You would build the info you need by using the Istack service and IExpressions service (IMIExpressions or IExpressions3).

o Variable name

IStack.getLocals() and IStack.getArguments() or IExpressionDMData.getName()

o type

IExpressionDMData.getType() or IExpressionDMData.getBasicType()

o value

IFormattedValues.getFormattedExpressionValue()

o Variable children if available (and so children name, type and values)

IExpressions.getSubExpressions() (and then the above methods for details)

o Detect if there is change of value (in order to be highlighted)

I'm not very sure how this is done, but I believe we compare the old value with the new one directly in the view.

Marc