From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Oberhuber, Martin
Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2013 11:43 AM
To: cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [cdt-dev] "Attach Process" dialog for gdb running remotely ?

Hi,

I have an odd problem, trying to debug a remote application with gdb running remotely.

Here’s what I do:

1.       Create a new “C/C++ Attach Application” Launch

2.       Leave the project and app fields empty on the main tab

3.       Enter “ssh szg-vm01-qa-lx2 gdb“ as the debugger to use on the debugger tab

Launch it, and wohoo I get a Process picker dialog showing remote processes, everything works fine !

The remote host in that case is RHEL 5.8 with gdb 7.0, NFS-shared file system.

BUT

When I try the same against a remote Solaris 10 host running gdb-7.4 , I’m getting a LOCAL

Process picker dialog, showing the local processes (and the “New…” button enabled).

I don’t have the full file system shared in that case.

What could be the reason why I don’t get a remote process picker in the 2nd case ?

Can I enable logging of any kind to troubleshoot ?

Thanks,

Martin

--

Martin Oberhuber, SMTS / Product Architect – Development Tools, Wind River

direct +43.662.457915.85  fax +43.662.457915.6

Back to the top