Re: [cdt-dev] Customizing the traditional memory view.

I wish I could get some comments on this issue…somebody please…J

Thanks and regards,

Nipin

From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Nipin P.
Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2013 6:08 PM
To: cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [cdt-dev] Customizing the traditional memory view.

Hi,

I am trying to customize the memory views of eclipse for our debugger tool.

The article  : http://www.eclipse.org/articles/article.php?file=Article-MemoryView/index.html by Samantha Chan helped a lot in this context.

And I am successful in changing the color and text of memory view renderings : hex, ASCII, signed integer etc.

But failed to do it in traditional rendering .Since I am working with ‘memory browser’ view, this is a real blockage.

Quoting from article:

This is the function added in our MemoryBlock class for returning the customized adapters

=======================================================================================================

public Object getAdapter(Class adapter) {

        if (adapter.equals(IMemoryBlockRetrievalExtension.class))

            return getDebugTarget();

        if (adapter == IColorProvider.class)

        {

            return SampleModelPresentation.getSampleModelPresentation();

        }

        return super.getAdapter(adapter);

    }

I am not getting the adapter classes for ILabelProvider and IColorProvider in case of traditional rendering.

Could you please help me sorting this out :

·         why these adapters are not registered in case of traditional rendering only .

·         Is there any other method for customizing the memory browser (traditional rendering) view.

(I am using the default dsf-gdb debug model, id=”org.eclipse.cdt.dsf.gdb”)

Thanks and regards,

Nipin

***** Confidentiality Statement/Disclaimer *****

This message and any attachments is intended for the sole use of the intended recipient. It may contain confidential information. Any unauthorized use, dissemination or modification is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately then delete it from all your systems, and do not copy, use or print. Internet communications are not secure and it is the responsibility of the recipient to make sure that it is virus/malicious code exempt.
The company/sender cannot be responsible for any unauthorized alterations or modifications made to the contents. If you require any form of confirmation of the contents, please contact the company/sender. The company/sender is not liable for any errors or omissions in the content of this message.

***** Confidentiality Statement/Disclaimer *****

This message and any attachments is intended for the sole use of the intended recipient. It may contain confidential information. Any unauthorized use, dissemination or modification is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately then delete it from all your systems, and do not copy, use or print. Internet communications are not secure and it is the responsibility of the recipient to make sure that it is virus/malicious code exempt.
The company/sender cannot be responsible for any unauthorized alterations or modifications made to the contents. If you require any form of confirmation of the contents, please contact the company/sender. The company/sender is not liable for any errors or omissions in the content of this message.

Back to the top