By any chance, can I get a peak on the toolchain (and its source) of you?

regards,
Tamas

>>> Sebastian Wagner <se.wagner@xxxxxx> 9-1-2013 16:40 >>>
Hello Tamas,

in fact I left the superClass property of the linker empty, so I guess it uses the default. I don't know if you have a very specific linker. For me it was enough to update the command and to inputs/ outputs to make it work.
Is there a special reason why you need to implement your own linker? You said it compiles if you are using the existing one...

Sebastian

Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2013 14:11:45 +0100
From: t.csabina@xxxxxxxxx
To: cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [cdt-dev] problem creating a custom toolchain`s linker

Hello Sebastian,

Thank you for the reply.

I`ve already examined the mentioned toolchain (cdt.managedbuild.tool.gnu.c.linker), but I was not able to figure out what options/subitems do I need from it to make my toolchain work. I`ve also tried to copy all sub items of the cdt.managedbuild.tool.gnu.c.linker tool and create everything under my linker tool. But even with this extended toolchain I got "Info: Nothing to build" message when I test the plugin.

And, just to mention again, if I inherit my linker from to mentioned linker (by defining the superClass property to be cdt.managedbuild.tool.gnu..c.linker), everything is working fine, project files compiled, linked and built. If I remove this declaration from the superClass property, I get back to "Nothing to build".

I also wanted to figure out what is happening in the background before the "Nothing to build" message, or before the successful compile+link occurs. I am testing the plugin as described in the help: Right click on the toolchain project, and select Run As -> Eclipse application. But even if I add the -debug parameter in the Arguments I haven`t seen anything useful in the Console of the calling Eclipse instance, which can be used to figure out how do we get to "Nothing to build".

You`ve mentioned that you implemented your own toolchain. Have you inherited the linker or created a new one? If the latter, have you faced similar issues with "Nothing to build"?

Thanks again for your time and effort!

Regards,
Tamas

>>> Sebastian Wagner <se.wagner@xxxxxx> 8-1-2013 14:06 >>>
Hi Tamas,

I'm not an expert, but implemented also an own toolchain. To make it work I studied the GCC project which you can access from the Git repository.. You find the build definitions in the plugin.xml file of the project "org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.gnu.ui". So you can compare the linker settings they use to yours.

Sebastian