[cdt-dev] Programmatic creating of custom toolchains

Hi all,

I am trying to programmatically create a toolchain with corresponding tools.

I saw that multiple parts of such a toolchain are only available via internal API.

What I am missing:

How can I programmatically define the language settings providers for a toolchain?

ToolChain provides getDefaultLanguageSettingsProviderIds() but there is no API to set such providers for a created toolchain.

So how could I implement this to get the same results as when defined within plugin.xml like this?

  <toolChain

        archList="all"

        id="com.windriver.cdt.core.WRGnuToolChain"

        languageSettingsProviders="com.windriver.cdt.core.project.WRGnuBuiltinSpecsDetector"

        name="WR Gnu Tool Chain"

        supportsManagedBuild="false">

How can I add a tool option to get the same as when defining within plugin.xml like this? I could only find

        <option

              browseType="directory"

              id="com.windriver.cdt.core.gnu.c.settings.holder.incpaths"

              name="Include Paths"

              command="-I"

              valueType="includePath">

        </option>

Could somebody please give me a hint on how to accomplish this (if possible by using as little internal CDT code as possible)?

Thanks in advance!!

Best regards,

Caroline

Caroline Rieder | Wind River | Senior Engineer
Tel +43 662 457915 56

Back to the top