[cdt-dev] Content of property page “C/C++ Build > Settings” changes when changing the selected toolchain

Hi all,

Could somebody please explain the following behavior to me:

-          Create a Makefile project with for instance toolchain “MinGW GCC”

-          Look at the properties page “C/C++ Build > Settings”

o   Only two tabs are available: Binary Parsers, Error Parsers

-          Within “C/C++ Build > Tool Chain Editor ” change the current toolchain to a non-compatible toolchain (not sure if this would also happen with selecting another compatible one)

-          Close and reopen project properties

-          Within “C/C++ Build > Tool Chain Editor ” reselect the previous toolchain “MinGW GCC”

-          Close and reopen project properties

-          Look at the properties page “C/C++ Build > Settings”

o   Five tabs are available: Tool Settings, Build Steps, Build Artifact, Binary Parsers, Error Parsers

Where do these additional tabs come from. This now looks like a managed build project, but I initially created a Makefile project.

Best regards,

Caroline

Caroline Rieder | Wind River | Senior Engineer
Tel +43 662 457915 56

Back to the top