Re: [cdt-dev] Writing a CDT debugger for a none GDB target.

Hi Doug,

Thanks for the comments.

I've built and run the PDA debug example and was impressed by what you can get from such a minimalistic example.

I'm really trying to keep away from GDB/GDB server. Portability and version compatibility are real problems. Once you get it working it's great but it has never "just worked" for me. I'm also looking at hooking into a Java based emulator so having GDB in the middle here would look eccentric to say the least.

I'm thinking an external "TCF agent" that wraps JTAG would make most sense. With this hanging off a socket am I right in thinking CDT debug would not need any new plug-ins?

I can see from yours and Marc's comments that DSF is the preferred route. Do you think TCF a based debug solution has a future or is there a good chance TCF will go the same way as EDC?

Cheers, Steve