[cdt-dev] Fw: cannot create dynamic Status bar controls in eclipse 4.2

It should be. Cross posting to Platform UI.

McQ.

----- Forwarded by Mike Wilson/Ottawa/IBM on 2012/10/19 10:30 -----

From: "Lee, Alain" <a-lee@xxxxxx>
To: "cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx" <cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>,
Date: 2012/10/18 16:03
Subject: [cdt-dev] cannot create dynamic Status bar controls in eclipse 4.2
Sent by: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

I need to dynamically create some Status Bar controls. It works fine in Eclipse 3.8 but fails in Eclipse 4.2. Is this still supported in 4.2?

This is how I defined my tool bar in plugin.xml:

<extension point="org.eclipse.ui.menus">
<menuContribution
locationURI="toolbar:org.eclipse.ui.trim.status">
<toolbar id="my.toolbar.test">
<dynamic
class="my.status.myStatusBar"
id=" my.toolbar.test.items">
</dynamic>
</toolbar>
</menuContribution>
</extension>

Where my.status.myStatusBar extends from WorkbenchWindowControlContribution.

This works in 4.2 when I define the toolbar using the <control> tag.

Is this a bug?

Best regards,
Alain Lee

Texas Instruments Canada Ltd

801 - 150 John Street, Toronto ON Canada M5V 3E3
Phone: 416-340-2136 Fax: 416-599-7171

mailto:a-lee@xxxxxx