Re: [cdt-dev] Getting started with CDT dev

On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 12:32 PM, Marc Khouzam
<marc.khouzam@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> How about your first step into CDT conributions to be wiki changes?
> If you are ok with it, you can make those modifications yourself.

Yes, I logged in and will clarify the wiki as appropriate.

> It is now: http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/updates/3.8
> or probably also http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/updates/4.2
>
> although I've never had to use those sites manually.  Everything
> is automatically installed when installing the platform.

Okay.  This means I will have some more homework to do regarding an
error "Execution environment references were not checked for
'org.eclipse.cdt.core' because no environment descriptions are
installed".

> A trick that I use is that I do _not_ install CDT on the eclipse
> I will work on CDT in.

If you do this, then how do you install a proper "API baseline" which
apparently requires you to install the CDT?  Do you first grab the
source, compile, and then set the "API baseline"?

Thank you,

Chris

Back to the top