Re: [cdt-dev] Juno/CDT8 - stdout not appearing in the console

Interesting, the dlls are being loaded (ProcessExplorer) but the executables are not being found. I think this has to do with the fact that the fragment still contains a jar. The jars were removed from the 8_0 branch but not from 8_1 and master. I'll try that tonight.

Marc-Andre

On 19/09/2012 9:39 AM, Branko Drevenšek wrote:
Hi.

Both Indigo 3.7 SR2 and Juno use same mingw build of gdb 7.3.1, on same 64 bit Vista machine.

Both get same reply for "-list-thread-groups --available" in gdb traces console:
error,msg="Can not fetch data now."

However Indigo 3.7 SR2 still manages to show a list of processes, while on Juno you only get a text-box.

Regards.
Branko

On 09/19/2012 03:19 PM, Marc Khouzam wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Branko Drevenšek
Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2012 3:14 AM
To: cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [cdt-dev] Juno/CDT8 - stdout not appearing in the console

Hi,

I can verify that with "Attach to application" launch on Juno (first
release and SR1 RC3) on 64 bit Vista I only get text box,
while 3.7sr2 on same machine shows a list of processes.
We normally fetch the list of processes from GDB.  However,
older GDB's didn't support that (before GDB 7.0), and I'm not actually
sure a newer GDB running on Windows supports it either.
Look for a proper answer to "-list-thread-groups --available" in
the 'gdb traces' console to know if it is supported.

If GDB does not provide the list, we fall-back to
figuring it out ourselves.  For Windows this is done in
org.eclipse.cdt.internal.core.win32.ProcessList.  There
is a really old comment at the top saying that it works on Windows XP.
It may be that this code needs to be updated for Vista or Windows 7.

If that code does not work, then we simply ask for a pid without
providing a list.

However I have notices no problems with console. Created
default "ansi
hello world" sample project and output appears in console.

Regards.
Branko