[cdt-dev] Bug 385608 - Comment

I'm not sure if a CDT architecture has been planned to help build both 32/64 bits applications using the Microsoft Visual toolchain with the same instance of Eclipse. But I believe it might be possible to workaround the issue with a simple predefined variables added to the native environment of the C/C++ Build of the project: by using the C/C++ Build/Environment project panel of Eclipse.

This predefined variable could be set by default to a false status to build a 32 bits application by default. Override of this variable to a true status would request a 64 bits application. Then the WinEnvironmentVariableSupplier Class could easily setup the appropriate Visual Studio path to either the 32 bits or 64 bits Microsoft include/library/bin by accessing this environment variable which would enable either 32 or 64 application build.

This would similar to what Visual Studio is doing with the configuration manager to choose either a Win32 or x64 solution and determine the appropriate tools to be used. I believe this would be an easy fix to do.

Regards
Guy Bonneau

Back to the top