[cdt-dev] Proposed change to behavior of "Show Breakpoints Supported by Selected Target"

Hi,

we would like to propose a change to the behavior of the button "Show Breakpoints Supported by Selected Target"
of the Breakpoints view.  This button is provided by the debug platform, but CDT gives it its functionality
for C/C++ Debug sessions.  Details and discussion are in
https://bugs.eclipse.org/360735.

Currently, when pressing this button the breakpoints view will only show breakpoints that are of the same type
as the debug session.  For example, if debugging Java, only Java breakpoints will be shown, and if debugging
C/C++ only C/C++ breakpoints will be shown.

We want to make this behavior more selective and only show breakpoints that are actually applicable
to the current debug session.  If you are debugging one C/C++ application, you would no longer be bothered
with the breakpoints set in the code of an another C/C++ application.

We propose to make this new behavior the default for CDT, but to have a new preference to allow users
or vendors to select the old behavior.

Does anyone have comments or objections?

Thanks

Marc

Back to the top